Tired of your pre-installed message alert tones (notifications) on your Samsung Galaxy Y? I do not know why Android hasn't set any user-configuration for their notifications tone.
Now I am going to teach you how to set any Mp3 files for your notifications tone or message alert tone on your Samsung Galaxy Y.
1. Plug in your phone on your pc.
2. As you can notice your will see a removable disk F:, Memory Card F:, or an android icon on your My Computer folder. Open or double-click it.
3. Notice that there is no Notifications folder in it. The Notifications folder will serve as the home directory for your notifications or message alert tones audio files.
The trick is you need to create a new folder named Notifications inside your memory card.
4. After you have created the folder named Notifications, put your mp3 files and tones inside it.
5. Then disconnect your phone from the PC.
That's it. Browse into your android phone settings and in to your notifications tones. All of the mp3/tones that you put in inside the Notifications folder will now be set as a Notifications tone.
This tutorial aims to teach you how to set a custom message alert tone/notification tone on your Samsung Galaxy Y.